What is orthodontic treatment?
Orthodontic treatment is the process of aligning crowded or crooked teeth. This can be done by many different methods, which we will explore further in this blog.
- Adult Braces
- It’s not just teenagers who can benefit from braces, adults can wear them too!
- Quick Straight Teeth brackets and wires are all tooth coloured and designed to blend in and appear nearly invisible in the mouth, giving you the ability to get straight teeth quickly!
- A clear alternative to metal braces which use clear, plastic aligners to straighten teeth.
- Invisalign can be used to treat simple cases of misaligned teeth to more comprehensive cases involving adjustments to your bite.
Why might I need orthodontic treatment?
You might need orthodontic treatment for the following reasons:
- You’re self-conscious or embarrassed about the appearance of your smile
- Your teeth may look overcrowded, squint, or crooked
- You may have an overbite that needs correcting
What is the best orthodontic treatment for me?
We recommend discussing the things that bother you with your teeth with one of our dentists. You can then work together to create a treatment plan that suits you and create a smile that you are confident with!
Is orthodontic treatment painful?
No, orthodontic treatment shouldn’t be painful, however you may experience a little discomfort at some points, but it can be easily managed with painkillers such as paracetamol.
If you are looking for orthodontic treatment in East Kilbride, then get in touch with Avondale Dental Practice. We would be happy to have an initial consultation with you to discuss your requirements and draft a treatment plan tailored to you.