We know that this has been a disputed question for years now…what’s better, a manual toothbrush or an electric? So, we’ve put together a few pros and cons of each, to help reach a verdict!
Electric Toothbrush Pros
- They have a built in timer
- To help you know exactly how long to use it for.
- More effective at removing plaque
- An electric toothbrush can rotate over 3,000 times per minute so you can cover a lot of surface area in 2 minutes.
- More fun for kids
- Most kids aren’t interested in brushing their teeth so an electric toothbrush can make it a bit more fun.
Electric Toothbrush Cons
- They’re expensive
- Most electric toothbrushes can range from £60- £250 whereas a manual one can be purchased for just £2.
- They need to be charged
- You need to remember to put your toothbrush on charge or else it won’t be anymore beneficial than a manual.
Manual Toothbrush Pros
- You can pick up a manual toothbrush almost anywhere so you will never be without one.
Manual Toothbrush Cons
- You can damage your gums
- If you brush your teeth quite hard, you can be at risk of damaging your gums.
If this has resonated with you and you would like to seek advice from a professional dentist in East Kilbride, then contact Avondale Dental Practice via our website.